a.k.a. Brands Holding Corp.
RESTRICTED STOCK NOTICE
(2021 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN)
a.k.a. Brands Holding Corp. (the Company), pursuant to its 2021 Omnibus Incentive Plan (the Plan), hereby grants to Participant an Award of the number of shares of Restricted Stock set forth below (the Restricted Shares or Award). The Award is subject to all of the terms and conditions as set forth in this Restricted Stock Notice (this Grant Notice) and in the Restricted Stock Agreement (attached hereto as Attachment I) and the Plan, both of which are incorporated herein in their entirety. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein but defined in the Plan or the Restricted Stock Agreement will have the same meaning as in the Plan or the Restricted Stock Agreement. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Grant Notice and the Plan, the terms of the Plan will control.
Name of Participant:
Date of Grant:
Vesting Commencement Date:
Number of Restricted Shares Subject to the Award:
Vesting Schedule: [Time or performance vesting criteria to be inserted].
Additional Terms/Acknowledgements: Participant acknowledges receipt of, and understands and agrees to, this Grant Notice, the Restricted Stock Agreement and the Plan. Participant acknowledges and agrees that this Grant Notice and the Restricted Stock Agreement may not be modified, amended or revised except as provided in the Plan. Participant further acknowledges that, as of the Date of Grant, this Grant Notice, the Restricted Stock Agreement and the Plan set forth the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Company regarding the Restricted Shares granted pursuant to the Award specified above and supersede all prior oral and written agreements, promises and/or representations on that subject, with the exception of (i) Awards previously granted and delivered to the Participant, and (ii) any clawback or other compensation recovery policy that is adopted by the Company or is otherwise required by applicable law. By accepting this Award, Participant consents to receive such documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
|a.k.a. Brands Holding Corp.:||Participant:|
ATTACHMENTS: Restricted Stock Agreement
a.k.a. Brands Holding Corp.
2021 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK AGREEMENT
Pursuant to the Restricted Stock Grant Notice (the Grant Notice) and this Restricted Stock Agreement (this Agreement), a.k.a. Brands Holding Corp. (the Company) has granted you an Award of Restricted Stock, under its 2021 Omnibus Incentive Plan (the Plan), for the number of Restricted Shares indicated in the Grant Notice. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined in this Agreement or in the Grant Notice but defined in the Plan will have the same meaning as in the Plan.
If there is any conflict between the terms in this Agreement and the Plan, the terms of the Plan will control. The details of your Award of Restricted Shares (this or your Award), in addition to those set forth in the Grant Notice and the Plan, are as follows:
1. Grant of the Award. This Award was granted in consideration of your services to the Company.
2. Vesting. Subject to the limitations contained herein, your Award will vest as provided in your Grant Notice. Vesting will cease upon your Termination. Upon your Termination, the Restricted Shares that were not vested on the date of such Termination will be subject to Section 6(c) of the Plan.
3. Number of Shares. The number of Restricted Shares comprising your Award may be adjusted from time to time for capitalization adjustments, as provided in the Plan. Any additional Restricted Shares, cash or other property that become subject to the Award pursuant to this Section 3, if any, shall be subject, in a manner determined by the Committee, to the same forfeiture restrictions, restrictions on transferability and time and manner of delivery as applicable to the other Restricted Shares comprising your Award. Notwithstanding the provisions of this Section 3, no fractional shares of Stock or rights for fractional shares of Stock shall be created pursuant to this Section 3. Any fraction of a share of Stock will be rounded down to the nearest whole share of Stock.
4. Securities Law Compliance. The issuance of the Restricted Shares must comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing the Award and the Companys policies, and you shall not receive such Restricted Shares if the Company determines that such receipt would not be in material compliance with such laws, regulations or Company policies, if applicable.
5. Transfer Restrictions. Prior to the time that the Restricted Shares vest, you may not transfer, pledge, sell or otherwise dispose of this Award. For example, you may not use Restricted Shares as security for a loan.
6. Dividends. [You shall receive no benefit or adjustment to your Award with respect to any cash dividend, stock dividend or other distribution that does not result from the adjustment provided in Section 10(a) of the Plan.][Cash dividends on the number of Restricted Shares issued hereunder shall be credited to a dividend book entry account on your behalf with respect to each Restricted Share granted to you, provided that such cash dividends shall not be deemed to be reinvested in shares of Stock and shall be held uninvested and without interest and paid in cash at the same time that the unrestricted shares of Stock subject to this Award are delivered to you in accordance with the provisions hereof. Stock dividends on shares of Stock shall be credited to a dividend book entry account on your behalf with respect to each Restricted Share granted to you, provided that such stock dividends shall be paid in shares of Stock at the same time that the unrestricted shares of Stock subject to this Award are delivered to you in accordance with the provisions hereof.]
7. Restrictive Legends. The Restricted Shares issued under your Award shall be endorsed with appropriate legends, if applicable, as determined by the Company, including, without limitation, with respect to the lock-up provision set forth in Section 6.
8. Award Not a Service Contract. This Agreement is not an employment or service contract, and nothing in this Agreement will be deemed to create in any way whatsoever any obligation on your part to continue in the employ or service of the Company or an Affiliate, or of the Company or an Affiliate to continue your employment or service.
9. Withholding Obligations.
(a) On or before the time the Restricted Shares comprising your Award vest, and at any other time as reasonably requested by the Company in accordance with applicable tax laws, you hereby authorize any required withholding from the unrestricted shares of Stock to be released to you and/or otherwise agree to make adequate provision in cash for any sums required to satisfy the federal, state, local and foreign tax withholding obligations of the Company or any Affiliate that arise in connection with your Award (the Withholding Taxes). Additionally, the Company or any Affiliate may, in its sole discretion, satisfy all or any portion of the Withholding Taxes obligation relating to your Award by any of the following means or by a combination of such means: (i) withholding from any compensation otherwise payable to you by the Company; (ii) causing you to tender a cash payment; (iii) permitting or requiring you to enter into a same day sale commitment, whereby Withholding Taxes may be satisfied with a portion of the unrestricted shares of Stock to be released, by delivery of an irrevocable direction to a securities broker (on a form prescribed by the Committee) to sell a portion of the unrestricted shares of Stock and to deliver all or part of the sale proceeds to the Company and/or its Affiliates in payment of the amount necessary to satisfy the Withholding Taxes obligation; (iv) withholding unrestricted shares of Stock otherwise to be released to you in connection with the Award with an aggregate Fair Market Value (measured as of the date of vesting) equal to the amount of such Withholding Taxes; provided, that to the extent necessary to qualify for an exemption from application of Section 16(b) of the Exchange Act, if applicable, such share withholding procedure will be subject to the express prior approval of the Committee; or (v) such other arrangements as are satisfactory to the Committee.
(b) Unless the tax withholding obligations of the Company and/or any Affiliate are satisfied, the Company shall have no obligation to release to you any unrestricted shares of Stock.
(c) In the event the Companys obligation to withhold arises prior to the release of unrestricted shares of Stock to you or it is determined after the delivery of unrestricted share of Stock to you that the amount of the Companys withholding obligations was greater than the amount withheld by the Company, you agree to indemnify and hold the Company harmless from any failure by the Company to withhold the proper amount.
10. Tax Consequences. You hereby agree that the Company does not have a duty to design or administer the Plan or its other compensation programs in a manner that minimizes your tax liabilities. You will not make any claim against the Company, or any of its officers, directors, employees or Affiliates, related to tax liabilities arising from your Award or your other compensation.
11. Notices. Any notices provided for in your Award or the Plan will be given in writing (including electronically) and will be deemed effectively given upon receipt or, in the case of notices delivered by mail by the Company to you, five (5) days after deposit in the United States mail, postage prepaid, addressed to you at the last address you provided to the Company. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to participation in the Plan and this Award by electronic means or to request your consent to participate in the Plan by electronic means. By accepting this Award, you consent to receive such documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
12. Governing Plan Document. Your Award is subject to all the provisions of the Plan, the provisions of which are hereby made a part of your Award, and is further subject to all interpretations, amendments, rules and regulations which may from time to time be promulgated and adopted pursuant to the Plan. If there is any conflict between the provisions of your Award and those of the Plan, the provisions of the Plan will control. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE. ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE RESOLVED BY ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS RELATING TO ARBITRATION SET FORTH IN THE PLAN.
13. Clawback/Recoupment Policy. Your Award is subject to recoupment in accordance with The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and any implementing regulations thereunder, any other clawback policy adopted by the Company and any compensation recovery policy otherwise required by applicable law.
14. Other Documents. You hereby acknowledge receipt of and the right to receive a document providing the information required by Rule 428(b)(1) promulgated under the Securities Act, which includes the Plan prospectus.
15. Effect on Other Employee Benefit Plans. The value of this Award will not be included as compensation, earnings, salaries or other similar terms used when calculating your benefits under any employee benefit plan sponsored by the Company or any Affiliate, except as such plan otherwise expressly provides. The Company expressly reserves its rights to amend, modify or terminate any of the Companys or any Affiliates employee benefit plans.
16. Severability. If all or any part of this Agreement or the Plan is declared by any court or governmental authority to be unlawful or invalid, such unlawfulness or invalidity will not invalidate any portion of this Agreement or the Plan not declared to be unlawful or invalid. Any Section of this Agreement (or part of such a Section) so declared to be unlawful or invalid shall, if possible, be construed in a manner which will give effect to the terms of such Section or part of a Section to the fullest extent possible while remaining lawful and valid.
17. Data Privacy. You explicitly and unambiguously consent to the collection, use and transfer, in electronic or other form, of personal data as described in Section 20(g) of the Plan (such Section 20(g) of the Plan is incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof) by and among, as applicable, the Company, its Affiliates, third-party administrator(s) and other possible recipients for the exclusive purpose of implementing, administering and managing the Plan and Awards and your participation in the Plan. You acknowledge, understand and agree that Data may be transferred to third parties, which will assist the Company with the implementation, administration and management of the Plan.
(a) The rights and obligations of the Company under your Award will be transferable to any one or more persons or entities, and all covenants and agreements hereunder will inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by, the Companys successors and assigns.
(b) You agree upon request to execute any further documents or instruments necessary or desirable in the sole determination of the Company to carry out the purposes or intent of your Award.
(c) You acknowledge and agree that you have reviewed your Award in its entirety, have had an opportunity to obtain the advice of counsel prior to executing and accepting your Award and fully understand all provisions of your Award.
(d) This Agreement will be subject to all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and to such approvals by any governmental agencies or national securities exchanges as may be required.
(e) All obligations of the Company under the Plan and this Agreement will be binding on any successor to the Company, whether the existence of such successor is the result of a direct or indirect purchase, merger, consolidation or other acquisition, of all or substantially all of the business and/or assets of the Company.
* * *
This Restricted Stock Agreement will be deemed to be signed by you upon the signing by you of the Restricted Stock Grant Notice to which it is attached.